Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 4/29-5/5/13!

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS
THREE WOLF MOON-MOON WEEK!

7. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/1/13! Doublethink.

Will I ever grow tired of watching Pikaclone slapping Pikachu's chubby cheeks? The answer is no. No. Never.

6. POKÉMON OF THE WEEK! #48 VENONAT & #49 VENOMOTH!

I post a lot of Pokémon stuff, but I'm thinking that I might need to lighten up a bit on it and turn to some other fandoms (except there is SO much Pokécrap!).

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/30/13! Mustache.

I wish I could post more Superhero stuff but a) I haven't had the money to buy any new comics lately and b) there is honestly more relateable Pokémon content. Weird, huh?

4. MUSIC MON! REMEMBER MC CHRIS'S BEAUTIFUL GRUMP SONNET?

I took a week off and came back stronger than ever with a really strong Musical Monday article, two Tabletop tales articles, some decent Word of the Days, and a super-strong WTF Wed! And yet... I considered taking this week off, as well. I need some sort of additional motivation to keep this blog a-go-go.

3. TABLETOP TALES: DRAGON'S MAZE PRE-RELEASE! PT. 2 "AMERICAN DRAGONS"

This week I hope to follow up both of Dragon's Maze articles with two articles that try to show ways I could've used my card pool to build a stronger and more competitive deck in the format, while looking forward to the next event and the future of Standard.

2. TABLETOP TALES: DRAGON'S MAZE PRE-RELEASE! PT. 1 "NAYA WAR CHANT!"

But, while I didn't find much success, I've learned some tips and lessons from this setback about how to play my events. Like playing outside of my comfort zone, looking for the combos I wouldn't think of before I had the cards before me, and following a structure like about 15 creatures, 17 lands, and 8 non-creature spells (unless I have good control for a different combination).

1. WTF WED! JAPAN #5 SWIMMING ANIME CONFIRMED, MANNEQUINS & ANGLER FISH! (+lil witches)

This article was atomic hot with awesome and funny anime goodness from the shores of Japan (and a side of weirdness too). If you haven't checked out this article yet, do yourself a favor and do so.