1. To drive or force back (an assailant, invader, etc.).
2. To thrust back or away.
3. To resist effectively (an attack, onslaught, etc.).
4. To keep off or out; fail to mix with: Water and oil repel each other.
5. To resist the absorption or passage of (water or other liquid).
6. To refuse to have to do with; resist involvement in.
7. To refuse to accept or admit; reject.
8. To discourage the advances of (a person).
9. To cause distaste or aversion.
10. To push back or away by a force, as one body acting upon another (as opposed to attracting).
EX. Nothing is worse than when Repel wears off-- you need to get through an area with a high rate of Wild Pokémon that are not worth fighting for the minimal XP they will drop and/or you just wanna get from point A to point B without interruption and suddenly you're having to fight Zubats and Geodudes. Ugh.