Monday, May 6, 2013

MUSICAL MON! THE MAKING OF THE FRELJORD, GRAND THEFT AUTO V TRAILER, & JON WINS!

MUSICAL MONDAY PRESENTS

First up, we got a little feature on the making of the the music for the newest League of Legends expansion/update set in the icy plains of the Freljord. I got into League of Legends about a month or so ago and I'm pretty much sold on it being my favorite multi-player video game (at the moment) since I've lost interest in Call of Duty for at least another year or so (most likely). League of Legends is fun, challenging, and free. Check it out HERE.


Then we got an awesome new three-part trailer about the three protagonists in Rockstars upcoming American epic, Grand Theft Auto V. This is probably the game I'm most anticipating (besides the new Link to the Past) and I'm sure I'll be picking it up on my Xbox when it arrives.

The music of the GTA series is something that has always been well-thought out, with radio stations being one of the things you can control while cruising (which helps kill the boredom of driving), and lots of funny satire of the corniness and splendor that is radio entertainment. I'm curious to see how they'll integrate music into the sequel of one of my favorite games of all time.


And, lastly, we've got some levity with the victory anthem for the Grump that is "Not So Grump" but is an obnoxious loser and winner (and I love the guy). When he wins, he grandstands and when he loses, he grumps harder than anything. And yet, it's important to remember that it's partially an act, since they do turn off their entertaining/over the top style from time to time. Regardless of how you feel about Game Grumps lately (I'm loving it. Especialy, Chulip.), this is a delightful remix. Enjoy.