Sunday, September 29, 2013

WORD OF THE DAY! 9/29/13!

handheld [hand-held]
noun
1. Short for "handheld console", it is a portable video game console meant to be held in the hands.

EX. I have owned the following handhelds: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, PSP, Nintendo DS XL, and Nintendo 3DS. My favorite handheld?

Probably my Lime Green Game Boy SP.

It can play all my Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games, was portable enough to fix in my pocket, has great button placement, the screen is the right size and bright, the clamshell design works and hasn't broken, and it is in one of my favorite colors.

The best console is probably the Nintendo DS... hard to pick a model between the Lite and the XL. The Lite could play Advance games, but the XL is so big and has all the special features that the later DS consoles brought.

What's your favorite handheld?