Monday, September 30, 2013

MUSIC MON! POGO'S CATCHATRONIC, DUCKS IN OUTERSPACE, & ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER'S HUNGER GAMES!


So, with less than two weeks to go until the release of Pokémon X & Y, the hype is really starting to build with all sort of supposed leaks hitting the interwebs (examples here), and I'm pretty excited to share my experiences with my readers when I get my copy of Pokémon X. For reference, my record has been thus so far: Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Black, Black 2. So, technically I screwed up my pattern by buying X instead of Y. See if you can see the pattern and feel free to share you history.

In the meanwhile, check out this newest video (above) from the whimsical remix master, Pogo.



I'm a huge fan of brentalfloss and loved sharing his work in the past. It's actually great to see other artists doing covers of his work, especially covers this fun, and this sort of multi-layered fan media is simply indicative of the complexity of internet entertainment. How many more layers of fan meta-tainment can we expect?


The Running Man is cheesy, ridiculous and, more often than not, full-on dumb. And yet... it is also a well-shot action film with some great chemistry & character charisma and the over-the-top entertainment we can only get from a classic Arnold Schwarzenegger film where a few performances make all the stupidity fall into the background and allow you to appreciate this film's not-so-subtle satire of modern times.

The Hunger Games is stylish, emotional, and full of poignant moments. And yet... it also suffers from being shot by a person having a seizure, pulls its punches more often than not, and, for long stretches, is boring as dirt and lacks any tension or energy.

The Running Man may be dumb, but it's dumb fun. The Hunger Games may be smarter, but it's sterile. I like both of them, though, for different reasons. What do you think?