Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 3/11-3/17/13!

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

7. POKÉMON OF THE WEEK! #434 STUNKY & #435 SKUNTANK

I know I gave these butt-faced skunks a lot of guff, but this cartoony rendering of Skuntank is growing on me... He just looks like such a grumpy little munchkin.

6. WORD OF THE DAY! 3/14/13! Grunt.

On that note, I suppose there are worse Pokémon to be paired with as a Team Rocket grunt than Stunky but I'd prefer something with a little more bite. What Poison or Dark Pokémon would you want to have as your evil starter?

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 3/17/13! Monorail.

Flashback: The second Word of the Day article I did for DSF was Simpsons-themed and included "cromulent" and "embiggen"! Check it out HERE!


4. MUSICAL MON! BOOMHAUER'S SONOVOX VS. TALI: QUARIAN DISNEY PRINCESS!

"Harumph. How can you read this? Where are the gun specs?"

3. WORD OF THE DAY! 3/13/13! Comeback.

I got some good mileage out of the Pokémon anime lately (but I don't really watch it which sorta feels like cheating).

2. WTF WED! MY LITTLE SPANISH SWIMMING PONY ANIME DS!

I was pretty proud of everything I talked about in this article that truly embodied a variety of WTF-- from plain old pony WTF to offensive WTF to cultural WTF. Good stuff.

1. MIXED BAG. CAVE STORY REVIEW!

Cave Story has probably lodged itself in the echelon of games that, rather than be a footnote in my game catalog, will stand the test of time and be something I go back to every two or three years. Like Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Twilight Princess, Halo, etc. Also, if you haven't figured it out yet... CAVE STORY IS FREE! CLICK HERE! Download the game and the English Language Pack and start playing it ASAP.