Sunday, March 17, 2013

WORD OF THE DAY! 3/17/13!

monorail [mah-noh-rehyl]
noun
1. Mono= one. Rail= rail.

EX. If you didn't know, I'm a huge Simpsons fan (amongst other Fox animated shows).

Most Simpsons fans would probably agree that one of the best episodes of the Simpsons is "Marge VS. The Monorail" in Season 7. It involves a huckster tricking the townsfolk out of a million dollars to build a monorail; it has cameos from Leonard Nimoy, as himself, and Phil Hartman as Lyle Lanley (which is always a bonus). It also has one of Matt Groening's favorite Simpson's moment...


Something you might not know is that Australians love their Simpsons. In fact, while my oldest Simpsons memories are of the Tree House of Horror (which I have some on an old VHS mix tape), I became a fan by renting tapes from the local video rental chainstore that would lead to me owning about a dozen seasons on DVD, several mix DVDS, and various paraphernalia (like a TV tray I fashioned to be part of my desk).

On that note, I love the online comments of this Australian newspaper below about the monorail.