Thursday, March 14, 2013

WORD OF THE DAY! 3/14/13!

grunt [gruhnt]
noun
1. Slang. A soldier, especially low ranking soldier or infantryman.

EX. I always wanted to play a game as a Team Rocket Grunt.Well, I always wanted that as an option. Well, wait, let me explain. The idea of Pokémon Black & White being titles in the game series have been bouncing around since as long as I can remember, at least before Pokémon Gold & Silver were known by young fans like myself. Except, in my imagination, the game wasn't just a generation leap forward-- in fact, such an idea as adding like a hundred new Pokémon wasn't something I really considered to be the main draw of each sequel. I thought the sequels would be like Pokémon Yellow and focus on telling a story in Kanto, the setting of the original games and the original anime, that had not been told yet. I thought it would be cool if, rather than just being a Pokémon trainer, they had a game that focuses on the struggle between the Pokémon Police and Team Rocket. In Pokémon Black, you would be a Team Rocket Grunt who works his way through the ranks to become the Head of the Organization and, in Pokémon White, you are a Police recruit who works their way up to saving the world from a big Team Rocket scheme. Instead of starting with Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle, you would start with Pokémon that matched your theme, ex. Team Rocket Grunts would start out with like an Ekans or Koffing, perhaps, and Police recruits would start out with Growlithe.

And, now that I'm older, I wanted Pokémon: The Departed-- getting older means getting a lot more silly, I suppose.