Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 6/4-6/10/12.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS
KING KERMIT & THE HOLY GRAIL WEEK

"Don't hassle the Hoff" are simple words that we could all learn to live by. After all, in our daily lives, how often do we dream of motoring across the sea on our well-tanned washboard abs to save a talking sponge and his starfish life partner from the beach. Worst case scenario? When you launch them to the bottom of the sea, using your mechanical pecs, you might pull a muscle; but that is a small price to pay to stop Plankton and save King Neptune.

Just in case you ever wondered why, in cartoons and comics, heroes always have white spaces in their mask's eyeholes. I give you exhibit A.

"...a perfect example of a good episode, is Episode 3 of the 1st Season, "Master of Da' Skies", where Chris discovers a shocking loophole in local law. In the sky, there are no laws and "The Baron" rules this criminal overworld from his flying zeppelin "Cloudtopia." The response of Chris? Extremely violent vigilante warfare on the criminals who think they can escape the long hairy arm of the law."

Just lean back and watch the fireworks.

"A heffalump or woozle
is very confuzle
a heffalump or woozle's very sly, sly, sly, sly." -Heffalumps and Woozles, The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

So, Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, Orange Iguanas, Purple Parrots, or Silver Snakes?

First of all, I want to hear what you guys thought of this little bit of fan fiction I came up with and I want to know who you think would win, assuming the Doctor has some force sensitivity.

The other thing I want to talk about is Matt Smith. Having watched him for two seasons and two Christmas specials, I have grown attached to the Eleventh Doctor and his companions. I think, at time, Smith can be a little too goofy and he doesn't have the intensity of Eccleston or Tennant, but the performance he brings has a lot of interesting angles and I find his shifts between silly man and time-traveling ancient badass to be quite natural and a little bit more seamless than those of his predecessors. I think Tennant is still my favorite, but another good season with Smith might change my mind.