Monday, September 19, 2011

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 9/11-9/17 2011

WEEKLY ROUND-UP

This is my first one of these and basically it'll sum up the top 7 posts of the last 7 days.



I really liked this word of the day cuz it allowed me to explore the relationship between heroes and villains. I use the examples of Conan the Barbarian vs. Thulsa Doom, Naruto vs. Sasuke and Batman vs. The Joker. I followed this article up a couple of days later with gumption which focused on underdogs.



This is really what Nerd Culture Smackdowns are all about. Difference of opinions but of course mine is most important until people comment more *cough*.


A chance for me to stretch my anecdotal skill and weave a tale that waxes the philosophic. This is a tale of anguish, confusion and sillyness. I am quite happy sharing thoughts like this with you guys because my goal, as a writer, is to make the mundane fantastic and the fantastic mundane.




I don't think a lot of readers saw this one but I really enjoyed writing it. Goblins are my favorite Dungeons and Dragons creatures and so I just had to give them correct attention they deserve by explaining what they are in full and talking about what role they play in my fantasy world.



Speaking of my fantasy world, I posted the second chapter of my fantasy fan-novel (based on my experiences in a recent Dungeons and Dragons campaign) and introduced the second character in the cast, Justin Shavers's Aramil, the Half-Elf Ranger. I really enjoyed writing his chapter because it was a lot more action oriented. It was also interesting to get under the skin of this very serious guy and to give you guys more insight into the world of the Wold, Beniro and Doktham City. Check it out and please leave some criticism, advice and questions. I'll have the next chapter up this coming Friday.



I loved writing this post because a) I got to talk about the Kaplan Brothers for a little bit and b) I got to explain why Fright Night is my favorite vampire movie by dissecting the transformations of my three favorite characters.
"You're so cool, Brewster!" -Ed, Fright Night (1985)



This post is the one that I think really sells my talent as a writer and observer of nerd culture. It is an absolutely ridiculous biting satire of the pokemon anime mythos (I am a huge Pokenerd). I use it as an excuse to poke fun at the ridiculous story at hand, while adding my own insanity. This is my favorite post of the week.


Enjoy it while you can, zombie bait.