Monday, June 16, 2014

MUSIC MON! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO OPEN A TEAR IN MY HEART, LEAGUE!

I'm back kids!

And I had an amazing weekend: still coming down from the penultimate episode of this season of Game of Thrones and getting to play Smash Bros on the Wii-U at Best Buy (oh yeah, you know I'll be covering Nintendo's E3 conference later this week), I went into a two day weekend (hadn't had one of those in a while) to celebrate Father's Day a day early by eating out for lunch with my family and...
...I bought me and my Dad matching Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash shirts (I got a good deal). I think he liked them.

Later that night I watched Edge of Tomorrow with my friends (3/5) and played a ton of Hearthstone that night and following morning. The next day, being a Sunday, I hung out with friends, played Wii-U, watched videos, and worked on my new D & D setting. I gotta say in the end it was a good day. Or two.

It has been over a year since I played Bioshock Infinite and the twisted perversion of Mainstreet USA that is Columbia still haunts me. The atmosphere, the details, the characters, the story, and the violence all create this visceral experience that, honestly, is a proper follow-up to the lonely trip down to Rapture that I first took a few years ago.

The shooting sections aren't the best and the NPCs act strange, but I think people forget that most of the times in the first Bioshock you could sneak around, create traps, and were mostly fighting a couple of enemies at a time in a small area or a Big Daddy that was basically a killer bullet sponge. In Infinite, they strove for mobileThe NPCs didn't seem as strange in the first game because the residents were insane. I would in fact press you to find a video game where the NPCs react appropriately to odd behavior. In a world where everyone sort of minds their own business, I can accept that the citizens wouldn't pay much mind to a slightly strange fellow like Booker. But I digress...

Out of all the games I played last year, I think Bioshock Infinite has probably left the longest emotional impact.


MORE LIKE LEAGUE OF DRAVEN! AMIRITE?!