Sunday, May 6, 2012

TABLETOP TALES! DECK DEBATE #1

TABLETOP TALES PRESENTS
DECK DEBATE #1

To check out my other decks, hit the links below:










This article serves two purposes: To share the nerd entertainment around with anyone who might find it interesting and, in this case, to ask for YOUR HELP in figuring out how to take my next deck based on an intro pack.


I spent about $13 on the Angelic Might intro pack (click this LINK to check out the deck list), $25 bucks for the Avacyn Pre-Release, and the other cards are either from my collection or from various trades/gifts, etc. I've bought one booster for Avacyn, since the pre-release, and a buck worth of cards, so we'll call that $5.


APPROX. EXPENSE: $43

You can find Magic Cards in super stores (Ex. Walmart, Target) but the best place you can buy your cards, meet other players, and play in events is at your local comic book store or hobby shop. I buy most of my cards at The Comic Cellar. Here is a link to its Google Maps location at 3620 Austin Peay Highway #2 Memphis, TN 38128.

After taking part in Avacyn Pre-Release, last Sunday, I knew what I wanted to do for my first new deck for summer break. First, I broke down my Auramonger deck, which I will probably rebuild at a later date, and began working on a standard Angel deck. The only problem? I cannot decide whether to go with a Monowhite Deck or splash some green for land get in a WG Deck. I'm going to my readers for some advice. I'm going to put the two potential decklists below and ask for your opinions. Some time next week, I'll post an article breaking down the resulting deck.

As I always mention, I am just a casual player and I play with what I have available to me. Thanks for reading and please comment.

I decided to go with a more spartan way of displaying my decklist for this article. Click the name of the card to open up a MtG webpage and take a look.


MONO-WHITE DECK LIST


Creature Spells (24)

Non-Creature Spells (12)
Lands (24)
x 20 Plains

WHITE/GREEN DECK LIST


Creatures (26)

Non-Creatures Spells (12)


Lands (22)
10 Plains

NEXT TIME ON TABLE TOP TALES...

"AVACYN: ANGELIC BATTLE CRUISER ENGAGE!"