Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 4/30-5/6 2012.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS:
ESCAPE FROM THE SPACE DUMPSTER WEEK!

7. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/7/12. Parachute pants.

Anybody else remember the horrible blandness of the 90's? Or am I the only that feels like we've entered a less-fake HD golden age where everything is depressingly in focus.
6. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/3/12. Dinosaur terminology...

"Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur"
P.S. I loved the Avengers. Go see it. Now.
5.WORD OF THE DAY! 5/2/12. Memefication.

I think we're all agreed that Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the coolest scientist alive? Anybody got a scientist they'd like pose as a contender?
4. MUSICAL MONDAY! HARRY101UK's PORTAL 2 SONGS!

Portal 2 really was an amazing game. I think my favorite moment was the part where Wheatley tries to convince you to jump to your death.
3. TABLETOP TALES DECK DEBATE! #1

I am still waiting for some comments and criticism about how to go forward in building this deck. I've gotten a lot of hits on the post but no comments. If anybody out there wants to take a whack at offering some advice, please do.
2. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/6/12. Gizmo.

I really enjoy dipping into nostalgia to give you guys a look at super heroes. The more obscure and awesome the better. I'd argue Gizmoduck is pretty obscure, pretty awesome, and pretty much is a perfect example of how creative the teams behind the Ducktales and Darkwing Duck franchise were. I'd love to see a reboot of those franchises or just be able to watch them again.
1. TABLETOP TALES: MY FIRST PRE-RELEASE!

I had a blast at my first pre-release. Avacyn Restored is just the kind of set I like and definitely caps off the Innistrad block. A pre-release is a fantastic way for new players to get a piece of the action that is Magic: The Gathering and a great way to meet other players. I would definitely recommend the experience.