Monday, May 19, 2014

MUSIC MON! PHOENIX WRIGHT OBJECTS TO BOOTIES ROCKIN' EVERYWHERE!


I think I always had plans to do a Let's Play of Phoenix Wright, but it was brentalfloss's newest homage that inspired me to finally play a series I've been curious about for so long. Phoenix Wright is a portable Nintendo franchise that is part animated novel and part puzzle game. The gameplay, as far as I can tell from my first case, is pretty simple but satisfying-- you listen to the fact, look at the evidence, and point out contradictions in the prosecution's case.

Hopefully, I'll have the first session of the Mixed Bag's Let's Play of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney posted on youtube some time this week.


So, confession time, because I can do that, because technically this is still my blog-- I forgot my best friend's birthday this year. I called him to ask if he wanted to hang out on Monday only to quickly figure out the reason that Zach was acting so strange was that I had forgotten his birthday. I've been pretty busy lately, hence the lack of posts on the blog, and had lost the date in the shuffle. Quickly, I scrambled to save the day; I arranged a ride to his house and picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS (after all, the only other 3DS game he owns? Pokémon X). I also texted my friends to make sure they knew to meet up and we spent the day hanging out, going to the mall, and playing badminton. The lesson of the story?

Redemption is always a possibility.

And booty, yes booty, rockin' everywhere, rockin' everywhere...


Let's end with some other news in my life, in no general order, just stream of conciousness:

I bought a couple of board games to review for Tabletop Tales, I've been working on an interesting new Dungeons & Dragons setting (not sure if I wanna use Pathfinder or another system to run it), I went and saw Godzilla (3/5), my friend AceofSpadesCard became a father to his first daughter Evelynn and I joined him for a 24 hour game marathon for charity (for about 12 hours of it since I had to work that day), my friend Valerie graduated college and became engaged to my number one friend Justin, I went to a housewarming part for my friends Chris & Laura, Zach and Katherine got a pitbull puppy named Indi (after Indiana Jones and his family dog), I plan to see the new X-Men movie soon (even it blows), I love playing the newest LoL Champion Braum, I bought some new Steam games for Let's Play, my Aunt Debbie graduated college, I canceled my ESO subscription, my Pokémon hat gives me super powers of starting conversations, I am considering shaving my beard so I can finally try cosplaying at a con, I'm super stoked for Guardians of the Galaxy & Mario Kart 8, Game of Thrones is super good, and...

I threw out my back earlier today lifting too many bags of dogfood and have been in pain all day, but I still managed to write a new blog post. Thanks for reading and please keep checking in for updates, because this Summer is gonna be good.