Saturday, June 22, 2013

NERDCULTURE SMACKDOWN! POKÉMON OF THE WEEK! JUNE 22- JUNE 28/13!

SOURCE
#304 ARON, #305 LAIRON, #306 AGGRON

OH MAN! I'M READY TO ROCK WITH THIS HEAVY METAL TRIO! Aggron is easily in my top twenty favorite Pokémon and I always use him in third generation Pokémon games as my super tank to take out all types of threats! I also really like his 1st and 2nd stage! 2nd and 3rd gen were total surprises to me and I had no clue that Aron, who I thought was pretty cool, would evolve into a Silver Samurai dinosaur!

LAST WEEK'S POKÉMON OF THE WEEK: #370 LUVDISC & #594 ALOMOMOLA


Rock and Steel type Pokémon are pretty awesome, but the typing could be better. Regardless, Aron had a cool/cute factor to him that was severely lacking in rock Pokémon before third generation and, as I was a kid who liked beetles and dinosaurs and robots, I immediately knew that Aron would be a Pokémon I would be taking to the Elite Four.

Lairon kicks off the cute and kicks it right to nostalgic cool by looking like a Rhyhorn dipped in chrome and drenched in attitude. It's worth noting that these guys eat mountains, bit by bit and rock by rock, and that explains their bulky nature as the precious metals they consume become part of their metallic hides.

Aggron claim entire mountains as their territory and pass on their territory to their offspring, meaning they're like really good mamas and papas. But that doesn't mean they're not hardcore!  Well, I mean, just look at this samurai Godzilla badass! Fine... one last cute fact. Aggron are so protective of their environment that their carefully cultivate the soil and plant beautiful trees. After all, what's the point of murdering your foes if they can't be jealous of your horticulture first?