Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 9/24-9/30/12.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

“Here ye, here ye! Calling all beasts and birds!
I am the Unicorn. I am, therefore,
Unique.” The beast said, in Englishman’s words,
“Henceforth, I am the King of the Forest!” -A Sonnet about a Horse

6. MUSICAL MON! THE EMOTIONAL CLAWS & HAN SOLO GANGNAME STYLE!

"If only a beast like me could make music and make people smile...maybe there wouldn't be so much...war."


5. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/29/12. Mass Effect.

I swear I'll play Mass Effect 3 next time I get a break; I loved the first two games, but I really need some time to be able to dedicate to that game (I'm a 100% completionist in the first two games). Who was your favorite companion? Mine was Wrex.

4. WORD OF THE DAY. 9/27/12. Blowing...

According to the article I am citing in this Word of the Day, as well as Nintendo, the image to the right (or above on a mobile device) is incorrect and blowing into cartridges are a bad idea. Apparently, we've all been hurting out carts over the years.

3. WTF WED! GAME GRUMPING BREVITY WITH PORTALS!

While I do love some good animation and this week's stuff was awesome, I miss doing weirder and more thinky stuff. Hmm....

2. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/30/12. Conclave.

I actually loved writing this little preview/primer article about my choices for the pre-release and I think I might try to do more magic articles, if you guys like that sort of thing. If you do, lemme know, and I'll share more of my thoughts on the subject. I want to work for Wizard some day so I like to talk/think about Magic and D & D a lot.

1. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/24/12. Life support.

And I think my most interesting article from last week was the comparison between The Dark Knight Rises villain Bane and Star Wars's Darth Vader. Character comparison! W007!