Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 5/28-6/3/12.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

"OH, YOU!" WEEK

7. WORD OF THE DAY. 6/2/12. Aegis.

The last week was a week of illness and diversions. Despite my illness, I managed to blog my usual load, more or less, and the week helped me realize a few small goals. For example, by the end of the Summer, I hope to be in far better shape than I have been in years.

P.S. Pikachu is the bomb.
6. WORD OF THE DAY. 6/1/12. Fap.

This is easily the most questionable content I can remember posting, at least for a word of the day, and I am happy to say I think I handled it maturely.

Also, I had been trying to find a way to use this image for months.
5. WORD OF THE DAY. 5/30/12. Psycho Somatic.

" A great example of these empathetic experiences would be in my A D & D group. A character, in game, was using a crystal ball. One of the other characters asked to look at it. In real life, the first player actually handed an invisible object to the other person and, when done, the other person handed it back; and they laughed at their dorkiness."


4. WORD OF THE DAY. 6/3/12. Et cetera.

Now, you want something you can't go wrong with? Look no further than the classic family film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1970). There are few films I find harder to not recommend for an afternoon with your loved ones. Gene Wilder is incredible. 5/5.
3. WORD OF THE DAY. 5/31/12. Game boy.

This was another great example of a very personal look at how gaming has affected my life. My Game boy is probably the single most effective symbol of my childhood. It represented the diversion of a small boy who could allow his imagination to surge in monochrome. My imagination is still monochromatic but, as I get older and leave my childhood isolation behind, I find color and shades of grey leak into my every fantasy.

I still have my Game boy and it still works. I wonder if any kid can say the same thing about your DS or cellphone in twenty years?
2. MUSICAL MONDAY PRESENTS STARSHIP: THE MUSICAL!

 "...a twisted and delightful amalgam of Pixar's Bug's Life and the cult classic Starship Troopers."
"I am Snow-Flame! Every cell of my being burns with white hot ecstasy. Cocaine is my god and I am the human instrument of its will!"-Snowflame, The New Guardians #2

And I honestly don't know else to convince you to check out Linkara's review, of the fan webcomic, about the long neglected super-villain, Snowflame. He is a super-villain whose powers are derived from cocaine. End of sale pitch.
Oh, You! A sitcom coming to a internets near you.