Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 5/14-5/20/12.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS:

POKE-POLITICAL HUMOR WEEK!
At this point, it would be completely pointless for me to tell you to go see The Avengers at your local cinema. I might even recommend it in 3-D, if this wasn't as common knowledge as how awful Adam Sandler is, possibly, a terrible scam artist on top of being the driving force behind a production company that puts out pure malevolent garbage every year. And it would be equally without purpose for me to declare that Pikachu is best rodent.

6. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/19/12. Buzz-Saw.

Alas, poor Woodman, you never had a chance. First, you were kind of a terrible idea. A wooden robot? Really?! Secondly, you're attacks are pretty useless. I've never heard of someone being killed by a flying leaf. And thirdly, and most importantly, how is a wood-based robot going to last ten seconds against a psychopath boy robot shooting buzz-saws?

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/15/12. Brutality.

I suppose that the pokemon experiences of Red/Blue are just so inexplicably branded in the minds of people in my age group that it is nearly impossible not to deign Satoshi Tajiri, Creatures Inc, and Game Freak to be diabolical geniuses.

4. MUSICAL MONDAY! PARRY GRIPP IS MADE OF INTERNETS!

Not much to say here. As usual, I listen to the previous weeks Musical Monday subject when I type these and Parry Gripp is just made of happy feelings.

3. WTF WEDNESDAY: THE ADVENTURES OF KIM JONG UN
 
"I am the morbidly obese one! Top doctors say his weight is ideal for his height and build!"

Thank you, North Korea.

P.S. Now, kindly liberate yourselves.

2. WORD OF THE DAY! 5/16/12. Recruitment.

 Think about it; Kanto is f'd up. 10-year olds, presumably nuisances, are expected to leave home and survive by enslaving monsters. Its a farce! Seriously, who wouldn't want to join Team Rocket? At least they're honest and evil, instead of whimsical, deceptive, and evil.
Commons are the back bones of any good standard deck, especially in limited. Avacyn's Pilgrim is a card I want to have two of in my first hand every time I play this deck, alongside a forest. He'll help you hardcast those angels with ease and chump blocks in a pinch. Odds are, I'll probably tinker with this deck, take it back to standard, and take it to a Friday Night Magic event some time soon. As usual, I appreciate any advice and comments on my decks.