Monday, September 5, 2011

MIXED BAG. POETRY JAM #1


As part of my goal to post at least two posts a day, I will be using a lot of mixed bag posts and do some more creative and random stuff. First, I'm posting a sample of my poetry that I wrote last Spring. I am an English/History double major and I love writing everything.

 I, CAT THE CONQUEROR
 By Sean Barnes

I, the Cheshire cat devour caged canaries-
In the night, I eat the baby's breath. Hush.
Death tastes like coddled cream. I eat too much.
So, sweet the sound of alley love. I blush.

I, Garfield in Sodom and Gomorrah-
Gluttonous. Never full. Purr.
Seconds, sevenths at dinner. I am no sinner.
I taw a fat puddy tat in the mirror!

I, the Catbus gobble little girls alive-
because I am not a robot. Myow.
Feels like drowning kittens in a bag, y'know?
The wet cat of infanticide. Can't take a joke?

I, Puss-in-Boots am a whoring troubadour-
clean as a politician. Meow.
I am going to run for President now.
Mouth! You talk and eat- and eat and talk, mouth!

I, Tom Cat will catch Jerry Mouse tomorrow-
Fast food, fast forward, fast damnation! Hiss.
French mice are filled with cowardice! Oui oui!
Bonjour! Monsieur Pussy Cat! Vis-à-vis!

The gilded cage of the canary taunted me so-
I was like Sylvester as I pounced. Gulp.
Her yellow feathers fell to the floor.
And so, Quoth the Canary, "Nevermore."