Monday, September 5, 2011

OSB, TSF. 1. Epic Beard of Summer 2011

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward:
Epic Beard of 2011

Facial hair. Its the ultimate male accessory. People judge a man by his beard, his mustache, his side burns, his chinfuzz or lack thereof. I myself pride myself on my ability to grow facial hair. It was the first thing I ever outdid my Dad in (in fact, he sports a goatee these days in response). Whether its a sign of new age masculinity or hipsterness, beards are back.

And it was 2011 that my own beard hit it's stride! The following is a true picture story about my Epic Beard. Entitled  
"The Many Moods of Beard" or "Semper Beardicus."



Mood 1. Thoughtful. "To investigate the fabric of time and space or...meh?"





Mood 2. Suspicion. "Why is there a clown in my room?"



Mood 3. Madness. "Why would I show anyone this picture?!"
 



 Mood 4. Confused. "Boy, girl or banana?"



Mood 5. Homicidal. "Bad hairday but who cares...it all dies today."



Mood 6. Philosophical. "What the hell is a Michelle Bachmann?!"



Mood 7. Plotting. "Don't worry Epic Beard."



Epic Beard: "I am not worried face and brain."



Epic Beard: "For my life is legion."



Mood 8. Afraid/Upset. "If only Epic Beard knew about my love affair with a different facial hair."




Mood 9. Amusement. "Ooh, just scored 127 points in Words!"



Mood 10. Disgusted. "Epic beard hates Words?!"



Mood 11. Orc. "Grr, I'm an orc."



Mood 12. Determined. "I am sorry but this can't continue."


*Snkt snkt* Mustachio: "What are you doing?!"


Mood 13. Pleased. "Meh. Not bad. Kinda looks like..."


Mood 14. Captain Ahab. "There be whales here."


Mood 15. Victorious. "Sorry Beard. It's all about my three friends. Left sideburn, right sideburn and soul patch."




Mood 16. Wolverine. "Snkt."


Good side.




Bad side. Fools.




FIN.