Monday, October 28, 2013

MUSIC MON! A LITTLE LATE TO GET LUCKY!

MUSICAL MONDAY PRESENTS
A LITTLE LATE TO GET LUCKY!

Okay, so, I'm not the sort of person who listens to a lot of music on the radio, their iPod/phone, or on a music streaming service; my experience with music mostly vicariously through friends, family, and whether or not they manage to go viral or become popular enough to parody. It takes me a little longer to catch up on most songs unless they just explode all over the internet's face like Psy's Gangnam Style. And so, I've finally decided to share a few of my favorite videos inspired by Daft Punk's Get Lucky.

The last song I liked this much was Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know".


First up, we've got something a little experimental and odd, but technically impressive and a lot of fun from Matt Mulholland. He's showed up a couple times on the blog, but made his last impressive showing during the highly successful Batman Week from last year. The video above shows the sort of process that can go into a remix with a clever twists and a lot of prowess.


There are many 8-BIT remixers on youtube, but I'm particularly pleased with Rakohus's work that managed to capture every glorious beat and condense into something I might expect to hear in a Mega Man game... scored by Michael Jackson!

On a side note, I decided to not post any Michael Jackson/Get Lucky mash-up parodies because there were too many to pick out the best one. Just google it.


I've actually shared this video before but I feel a little bad about not featuring it in a Music Monday article considering how often I listen to this sweet parody, couched nicely in my gaming playlist, while laning in League of Legends. Videogamedunkey is one of my favorite youtubers, probably my favorite new subscription in 2013, and I can't wait to keep hearing him spout insanity into my earpiece.

And that's all folks. I hope we can all have a Happy Halloween Week!