Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 1/28-2/3/13!

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS
"POKE-VENTURE TIME!" WEEK

7. WORD OF THE DAY. 1/28/13. Fugue.

I've posited some kooky Pokemon theories, but the idea of Ash Ketchum having fugue is silly. Click here for a more plausible theory behind Ash's eternal youth as well as ten other neato fan theories/stuff.

6. WTF WED! LIGHTSABER FIGHTSABER + EGORAPTOR SCREAMS!

I'm actually working on a sequel to this article after I was inspired by the loop of Egoraptor screaming.

5. WORD OF THE DAY. 1/30/13. Breeding.

Jigglycruel is 10x cooler than Pikablu ever was- no he's even 10x cooler than that crappy Mewthree we imagined would be revealed after Mewtwo (and considering the one I imagine was a cyborg with wings that's pretty "cool").

4. MUSICAL MON! FERRETS PETTING BRONIES!

The secret to a good Musical Mon or WTF Wed article is to do one of two things: have a surefire winner that appeals to a wide audience or go for a variety. This article nails both by making sure to hit very different tones with each video (with the last video probably worthy of its own article).

3. WORD OF THE DAY! 2/2/13. Intestinal Fortitude.

Another article on a Nickelodeon classic for your pleasure. (Remember Legends of the Hidden Temple?)

2. POKEMONS OF THE WEEK: TENTACOOL & TENTACRUEL

You know I was never a huge fan of the tentacled duo, but writing this article has given me something of a better appreciation for what makes them "Tenta-Cool".

1. TABLETOP TALES: MY GATECRASH PRE-RELEASE!

I may have gone 2 Ws and 3 Ls at the Gatecrash Pre-Release, but the only thing I regret was that I didn't try to have more fun (best advice for any sort of MtG event is get plenty of sleep the night before (I was operating on 3 hrs)). Regardless of my losses and mistakes, I'm glad I chose to make a three color deck with what I had to work with.