Monday, February 4, 2013

WORD OF THE DAY! 2/4/13.

Pokeathlon [poh-keh-ath-lawn]
noun
1. Pokemon video game. A type of Pokemon competition involving racing and other similar athletic contests similar to track and field competitions.

EX. I don't particularly enjoy Pokemon mini-games and, I'm curious to know, does anybody else actually enjoy them? I mean, first we had crap like the slot machines in 1st Gen, then contests like Pokeathlons, beauty contests, dress-up games (ugh), and even making films-- it seems like its only a matter of time until you do some innocuous activity like a Pokemon sackrace.

The main reason I ever find Pokemon mini-games obnoxious is when you have to do them-- like in Red & Blue when the only way to get a Porygon is through earning enough coins by gambling to trade for the prize. Most of these mini-games are a waste of time, in my humble opinion, and just delay you from the fun of catching and fighting with Pokemon.

The only mini-game like thing I enjoy is the Safari Zone since it allows you to catch exotic Pokemon with a different set of mechanics. On a related note, I'd love to play a Mario Party style Pokemon game with the sort of games we got in the Stadium series. What do you think?

Also, for a bonus: