Saturday, January 26, 2013

NERDCULTURE SMACKDOWN! POKEMONS OF THE WEEK! #3

POKEMONS OF THE WEEK! #3
CROBAT & SWOOBAT! <3

That's right, kiddiddlies! I didn't forget this time! As a reward for your loyalty, or shall we say friendship, we're talking about two bat Pokemon that evolve via, cornily enough, friendship. Yes, seriously, #169 Crobat and #528 Swoobat, both can only be obtained through friendship. And really, how can you not like that? What are you a monster? Yeesh, what a Goldbat.


#169 CROBAT
That's right! Today, we're talking about another 2nd Gen Pokemon... that I don't dislike. Hm, maybe I need to reevaluate my ratings on the Generations from best to worst. I think I might do that when X & Y come out. Anywho, Crobat, to me, is basically a "we're sorry Pokemon" (whether intentional or not) because I think people still resent Zubat and Golbat for attacking them every fifteen seconds any time you walk into a cave in the Pokemon games. Crobat has a really simplistic design designed to make him look super fast (he has four wings).

He was one of the first Pokemon to evolve via "friendship" which, in the Pokemon games, means through attention, item usage, and special events (like taking them to get a massage...yes really). I actually really like his design and decided to train one of up in Heartgold because he is a pretty solid fella. I dig his four wings, which give him some cool animations, and I like that is a heck of a lot less creepy than Golbat since he can a) close his mouth and b) has eyes.

#528 SWOOBAT
I like Crobat, but I love Swoobat. So, lemme show him in a slightly better light...

Now, that's more like it! I trained Swoobat up from a Woobat, even if I knew he was kind of a mediocre Pokemon, because I loved the design....SO MUCH! Look at that effing face! He has cute little ears, big shiny eyes, a flat heart shaped nose (his nose loves you) and that huge smile! DAW! I also love his fluffy coat, his open wings like for a big hug, and his curly pink tails for holding onto the ceiling! KAWAII!

"かわいいですね!"

That and he is psychic and flying, which was useful during my playthrough of Pokemon Black! See you kids next time on Pokemons of the Week!

"IT'S SIMPLE. WE UH KILL THE CROBATMAN."