Tuesday, September 11, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 9/3-9/9 2012! BRONY APPRECIATION WEEK

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

 7. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/8/12. Filial Rivalry.

I was a little worried about Word of the Day getting stale but, two days in a row mind you, I made up terms- neologisms that either reflect an element of fiction or internet culture- that help express ideas in an interesting way. I don't just want to celebrate wonderful words; I want to become part of the process of creating new words that help shape the way we define our worlds and our lives. If you have any ideas for new words, lemme know by commenting below.

6. TABLETOP TALES: THE HAUNTED WURMWOOD DECK: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL EDITION!

I have been playing a ton of magic lately, literally indoctrinating and helping three friends learn how to play, and as I prepare (and can't wait for Return to Ravnica) I decided to burn off some of that excitement with, not one but, two deck articles this week. The Wurmwood Deck is one of my favorite decks and, mayhaps, it will be seeing some Golgari additions soon.

5. TABLETOP TALES: A DECK OF BLOOD & PORCELAIN: TEMPERED GLASS EDITION

Hey, I just notice a "glass" motif between the Mirror-Madness and Porcelain, ha! Anywho, one of my deck-building philosophies I live by is that you shouldn't just build the deck that'll win; you should build the deck you want to play. Build it and good times will come.


And, perhaps, my favorite of the two made-up words/terms I came up with last week was the affirmation for the "so ugly its cute" gimmick with the combining of "pug" and "magnificent" to create something I feel could be used to describe a lot of situations and hope to hear exclaimed at some point in my life.

3. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/5/12. Melee.

Not much to say about this one, but it reminded me how passionate gamers are about their games (including myself). As someone who wants to make board games and card games for a living, or at least the world-building and story stuff for them, I spend a lot of time thinking about such things...

2. WORD OF THE DAY! 9/4/12. Argentum & Brimstone.

I got to mix my love of Hanna Barbera with my love of fictional science?! Caloo calei! A win-win for all involved.

If the worst thing I ever did on Dumbledore Shot First is to do a lopsided and somewhat silly analysis of a children's cartoon show that I enjoy infrequently, than I'd say I'm doing pretty decently. If you want to see part two of the analysis, CLICK HERE.