Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 4/2-4/8. BATMAN WEEK!

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS
FOR THE LOVE OF BATMAN WEEK!
7. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/4/12. Gumshoe.

It is unnatural that I want to see a Batman musical complete with an Officer Krupke parody about good ol' Commissioner Gordon?

WEST SIDE STORY- OFFICER KRUPKE

Or that he makes me think of Brian Blessed declaring, "GORDON'S ALIVE!"

Well, regardless, Commissioner Gordon is everyone's favorite ginger cop.

"Punk is nothing but DEATH...and CRIME....and the RAGE OF THE BEAST!"

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/6/12. Immortality Syndrome.

This was a challenging article, to be sure. Not only did I sum up the Death of Superman, I dove into the poorly conceived "Death of Batman" that was one of the fifty two climaxes in the clusterf*** of Final Crisis (which tried to tie up about fifty two loose ends and failed).


Perhaps someday I'll review 52, Countdown to Final Crisis, and Final Crisis. I can list out 52 things I love about 52, 52 things I hate about Countdown, and 52 things that confused everyone in Final Crisis.
4. WTF WEDNESDAY! WESTERN SHOW ON SUPER MARIO WORLD?!
Sandwiched in between 8 Batman articles from last week, one article barely keeps Batman Week from being a sweep. To be honest, I'd get bored if I did NOTHING but Batman articles for a whole week. Last week's WTF article focuses on the internet classic from Nico Nico Douga's 2ch. A must see for Mario fans and lovers of WTFery.

Batman doesn't use guns. Alfred shot the Predator with a goddamn blunderbuss. If that doesn't sell you on clicking this article and reading, I don't know how to help you.

2. THE DASTARDLY DOZEN: BATMAN TOP 12 VILLAINS!
Which Batman villain is your favorite? I ranked these villains by least likely to most likely to kill Batman, but my favorite villain? I'm going have to go with the Joker, because I absolutely love a creepy laugh in my villains.

1. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/8/12. Sidekick. THE ROBINS!
My favorite Robin is a lot easier for me to pick out; Tim Drake.