Wednesday, December 28, 2011
WORD OF THE DAY! 12/28/11
1. any process of growth or formation; development.
2. a product of such development.
3. Biology. change in the gene pool of population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
4. a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.
5. a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.
EX. Pokémon evolution is not your standard biological evolution. It is a hyper evolution, more akin to a metamorphosis, like a caterpillar into a cocoon into a butterfly. These transformations are triggered by anything from reaching a certain point in their training, to the use of certain stones and items, to the location that they train in.
No pokémon better shows off the latter kinds of evolution, stone related and location related, than the Evolution Pokémon, Evee.