Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WTF WEDNESDAY! OF FRAGGLES, DEATH, PONIES, & WIZARDS!


I have a special place in my heart dedicated to the works of Jim Henson, except... that place isn't for the normally beloved Jim Henson projects that come to the mind of the majority-- I think of Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Muppet Babies, Dinosaurs and, of course, Fraggle Rock, before I ever think of Sesame Street or The Muppets-- because of the strange place at which I am positioned as a member of Gen Y. Some of the Henson projects I love are clearly inferior to others or had serious problems, and most I caught in reruns that were a time capsule of their era, but Fraggle Rock is a show that is timeless and special.

Fraggle Rock (1983-1987) was a live-action puppet show about the trials and tribulations of the cave-dwelling, fun-loving but still grim, song-singing Fraggles of Fraggle Rock that lived in a world that was constantly trying to capture, squish, or eat them. Unlike most shows of this basic sort of premise, the Fraggles main cast were developing characters that grew and changed over time and dealt with deeper issues ranging from personal crisis to questions about the the meaning of life. The show's production values and writing were fantastic for a children's show and I hope they try to reboot or continue this franchise soon.


私はマイ·リトル·ポニー:友情は魔法ですが大好きしかし私はしばらくショーを見ていない。


 So, this, this right here, is pretty much the sort of Live Action TV Show I could get behind-- its got ridiculous melodrama, whimsy, action, fantasy and "nosebones". Regardless, there is nothing you can do to stop me from enjoying this Wizard of the West clip from the makers of Charlie the Unicorn, filmcow.