Saturday, April 6, 2013

WORD OF THE DAY! 4/6/13!

version exclusive [vur-zhun-ik-skloo-siv]
noun
1. A Pokémon, item, characters, location, or event that can only be found in one version of the same generation of Pokémon title.

EX. I think I've only traded a Pokémon once or twice...on DS. In fact, I never traded any Pokémon in the first three generations of games because I never had any friends that were up for it (even though I had a multi-cable for gameboys, gameboy colors, and gameboy advance). As a kid, this really frustrated me because it meant that I couldn't get all the Pokémon unless I bought both version... Hence why I own Blue & Red and Gold & Silver-- I stopped trying to get both versions after that point because I realized the version exclusives weren't really worth playing both games. At least in the later generations they've added more exclusives and trading with anyone in the world is really, really easy. So, that's a big improvement in the franchise, I guess.

Growtlithe was a version exclusive...