Tuesday, August 14, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 8/6-8/12/2012.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

 I got to admit I've been getting pretty slap-happy with all the Zelda content this summer but, between Skyward Sword and my discovery of Omo Cat and Zac Gorman, I have a ton of content to dish out on the blog. On the plus side, at least its interesting.

6. WORD OF THE DAY! 8/9/12. Game genie.

I have been doing a lot of retro gaming over the last couple of weeks between my SNES and my emulator I have played and beaten the following games in the last week: Mega Man X, Mega Man 7, Goof Troop, and Mega Man X 2. Expect some Mega Man reviews very soon and, in the near future, some reviews of some Mickey Mouse Capcom games that seem pretty promising. Any SNES titles you want to recommend? Any other retro consoles you think I need to emulate?

5. MUSICAL MONDAY! BOB ROSS REMIXED: HAPPY LITTLE CLOUDS

This last Musical Monday was another pleasant surprise from melody sheep and really brought the PBS edutainment nostalgia. I wonder what PBS greats they'll be highlighting in their next remix? Maybe we'll see some Reading Rainbow remixes? Or how about Lamb Chop? What was your favorite?

4. MIXED BAG. SMALL TALK #3 STAR WARS THAT I USED TO KNOW

Speaking of artistic integrity, Zach Maritn got me those cleaned up MP3s for our podcasts and we got to post them (even if it was late). The discussion saw us listening to a Star Wars Gotye parody and then discussing our personal experiences/opinions on the prequels, special editions, and artistic rights.

3. MIXED BAG. PODCAST #4 Special Edition: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!

Some of the opinions in this podcast, being first impressions, were premature but are definitely worth a listen.

2. MIXED BAG. SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE REVIEW.

It was a serious challenge to review a game like Super Mario Sunshine; I've literally started the game and quit about six times in the last ten years but, as I've gotten older and more experienced with video games, I've finally learned the patience to play-through this flawed title.

P.S. FLUDD is a little better than Skyward Sword's Fi.

1. MIXED BAG. BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY REVIEW!

The game that gave the momentum to play through so many titles over the last week or so has to be Batman: Arkham City, a true marvel of modern gaming, that made me crave as much thumb-twitching action as I can handle. Every game maker in today's market should play the game and try to steal as many good ideas from it as they can (stealing ideas isn't bad, as long as you use them in a creative way that helps continue the conversation of game design).