Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 7/2-7/8/12. SKYWARD SWORD WEEK!

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

Because of the dearth of articles that I put out last week, around 17, and more than any other week in the history of my blog, I decided to go the extra mile for the weekly round-up and up the normal top total from 7 to 10. Enjoy

First up on our look back at next week is a sojourn to my disappointment with how Nintendo not only dropped the ball with Fi, but how she basically represents everything that is wrong with modern Nintendo. She is as shallow as the shallowest of childish Nintendo titles, holds your hand (even if you've been playing Zelda games for decades) and bungles even that, and is a failed concept for something that could've been great.

9. WORD OF THE DAY. 7/7/12. Duenna.

One of my favorite parts of the week was analyzing the successfully improved characters of the title (save Fi) and even Impa, a relatively minor character with little screen time, did manage to capture my attention and improve upon older archetypes of the same character in the franchise. What more could you ask from an awesome shinobi elf with magic skills and a cool design?

8. MUSICAL MONDAY! A SINCERE REACTION TO MIKE AND IKE'S SEPARATION!

Now, I couldn't write absolutely nothing but Zelda articles all week and even gave myself a little break early on with another article about my friend pugfarts's work on youtube. This video was especially cute, fun, and a really addictive song that made me crave Mike & Ikes. I hope they reunite soon.


I am just throwing my hat out into the ring and declaring that Skyward Sword's Zelda is the best Zelda ever. Unlike most Zeldas (save Tetra), you actually get to spend a lot of time with this Zelda, and the love story between Zelda and Link feels natural. She is a girl-next-door type; kind, pretty, friendly, but also strong-willed and courageous.


I'm just gonna say it. Right now, the number one character I want to have playable in the next Super Smash Bros. game is Ghirahim.He is one of the best Zelda villains ever and probably my favorite video game villain in the Zelda series. He is weird, foppish, but definitely intimidating, and with a flick of his tongue and a swing of his sword, this character would make an awesome addition to the Super Smash Bros. series. His final form could also make an appearance for his final smash move or whatever the heck those things were called in Brawl.


Not much to say but had a blast recording this podcast with Zach Martin and Chase Devine. It is basically our opinions and analysis of the entire first season of Legend of Korra and our feelings on the future of this amazing series.

4. WORD OF THE DAY! 7/3/12. Timeline.

Just in case some other Zelda fans didn't already see the timeline released last year, and for all those out there that just didn't know about it, I decided to write an in-depth timeline of the Zelda series and explain how the games have branched off into three different continuities after Ocarina of Time. I hope you guys found it informative.


I think everyone's favorite character from Skyward Sword, hands-down, is Groose. He is the right mix of funky Zelda character, Disney's Gaston, and Kuwabara from Yu-Yu-Hakusho. His character arc has the most evolution and is quite satisfying. If there is any character that deserves to have incarnations show up in future Zelda titles, it is Groose. I mean, just look at that pompadour and that smile; what's not to love?


And I think one of my favorite tip-offs not only to the Zelda series but Dumbledore Shot First as well was the "Top 11 Reasons I Love The Legend of Zelda". It served as an homage to one of my all-time most popular sets of articles about the reasons I love and hate Call of Duty, except for one thing; I can't think of 11 reasons to hate Zelda and it would feel weird to make such a list. The Legend of Zelda is one of the best video game series ever made and one of my personal favorites.

THE END!!!!!!