Saturday, November 19, 2011

WORD OF THE DAY! 11/19/11


troll [trohl]
 verb
1. to sing or utter in a full, rolling voice.
2. to fish with a line; dragging a line along a waterbed.
3. to roll
4. to move nimbly
5. to harass someone verbally.
6. Web Slang. to stir up trouble, or harass someone or a group, on the internet for the sake of amusement.
noun
7. a song with parts sung in succession.
8. the act of trolling.
9. a lure used in trolling for fish.
10. Web Slang. a person who finds amusement in harassing or teasing others, especially on the internet.
11. Scandinavian Folklore. a dwarfish or gigantic creature that dwells in caves, on hills, and under bridges.

abominable [uh-bom-uh-nuh-buhl]
adjective
1. repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathesome.
2. very unpleasant, disagreeable.
3. very bad, poor, or inferior.

yeti [yeh-tee]
noun
1. Tibetan Folklore. A legendary, large, hairy, humanoid creature said to inhabit the Tibetan mountains.

EX. First I heard the beasts throaty and guttural call. I looked ahead of me on the Throat of the World and saw a terrifying silhouette against the snow. At first, I thought it was a Yeti or am Abominable Snowman. It leaped down from the ledge it was standing on and charged me full force. I threw fireballs at the beast until it was felled. It wasn't until after I could get a good luck at its smouldering corpse that I realized it was merely a frost troll.