1. uncivilized, primitive; without civilizing influences.
2. of, like, or befitting barbarians.
3. crudely, rich or splendid.
4. brutal, cruel, heinous.
1. to echo or ring with sound.
2. to make a metallic echoing sound.
3. to be celebrated or vindicated in history.
4. to proclaim loudly.
EX. "The training of these poor creatures, to turn themselves into fighting machines is simply barbaric. Barbaric. Barbaric! [Pause] Barbaric! Let that word resound from hill to hill and mountain to mountain, from valley to valley, across this broad land! Barbaric, barbaric. May god help [Pause] those pour souls who'd be so cruel. Barbaric! Hear me! Barbaric!" -Senator Robert C. Byrd (D-WV), 2007, a speech following the Michael Vick trial on the subject of dog-fighting.
NOTE: This speech drives me nuts because of its ridiculous delivery. It sounds like something from Planet of the Apes.