Monday, November 7, 2011

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 10/30- 11/5 2011

WEEKLY ROUND-UP:
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD WEEK


Jesus seriously needs a redesign. Or I am just a terrible person. Either way, this is for people who have a good sense of humor. Enjoy.


I had a lot of fun taking the Tragedy Series and coming up with words of the day that matched it but this one was probably my favorite.


One of my favorite components to Naruto is the clever us of Japanese mythology, culture and kabuki to create dramatic tensions, symbolism and motifs. Naruto is a terribly unappreciated anime, in my humble opinion, and I think more people should give it a chance. I am gonna make some enemies here BUT 1. Bleach sucks and 2. Neon Genesis: Evangelion is pretentious and annoying.
 Tim Curry is incredible and this soon-not-to-be-forgotten gem is quickly gaining speed as on the campiest but enjoyable performance that could ever be rung out of a terrible piece of child fodder.

All things must come to an end at some juncture and, just as I finished the 6th Season of Doctor Who, I also wrote a nifty little send-off to the season's big bad. The Silence were also my final induction into the scariest monsters of Doctor Who for Who-lloween. I really enjoyed writing the articles for this theme and hope to repeat the fun with another event for another season. Suggestions?

Red Riding Hood has always been a story that rattles around in my head. Perhaps, for Halloween I should've dressed as the Huntsman? I really like the variety of ways that these old fairy tales can be depicted.

I don't know how I totally feel about this last chapter I wrote the night before Halloween. I think I wanted to tell a story and maybe it wasn't best to put this in Lucius's perspective. BUT, I am rather proud of the story my brain pooped out and would love some opinions.