Monday, July 13, 2015

MUSIC MON! AMIIBOS, LABEEF, AND STEVEN UNIVERSE!


I went to Anime Blues Con over the weekend (well on Saturday) and there were like a dozen amazing Steven Universe cosplays! It was great to see so many cool costumes inspired by my favorite new cartoon show and all of the cosplayers were really cool about taking awesome pictures(you can see a couple on my twitters).

And I'm super excited for the upcoming Steven Bomb! We get a new gem fusion, flash backs, and a new villain!


I got a new Amiibo video coming out later this week and, I gotta tell ya, this is my biggest Amiibo update in a while and it has brought my total collection up to 40 unique figures! That is an insane number, really, when you think about it....

...but I kinda love figures, Nintendo and Smash Bros., so, as long as looking at these silly baubles brings a smile to my face, I'll keep collecting.

Also, R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. Leader, developer, gamer. His fans already miss his smile, but I think his works will continue to make gamers smile for generations.


The meme that permeated the weekend seemed to be Shia LaBeouf's "JUST DO IT!" and I gotta say, at a convention where everybody is seemingly positive, supportive, or at least not that judgemental of the other several hundred crazy people walking around in costume (I was proud to be among them), that seemed to be a good idiom to live by.

I'll get into what I learned and enjoyed at Con in an article/video later this week but I'd live to give a short observation: I smiled so much on Saturday that my face muscles ached.