Friday, April 3, 2015

FTW FRIDAY! BIRDMAN SAVES SKYRIM FROM MOCHI'S BUTT!


1st World Gamer Problems #1 Game Backlog.

Currently Playing: GTA V

On Hiatus: Metal Gear Solid Collection, Skyrim (I still haven't beaten the main story or completed the guild quests), Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Halo: Combat Evolved (360 version), Dishonored, Sniper Elite V2, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD, Super Metroid

Games to be Played:
Nintendo Wii-U- Pikmin 3, Super Mario 64, Megaman X, Megaman VII, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Nintendo 3DS- Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 3, Shovel Knight,
PC- Saint's Row 2, 3 & 4, Far Cry 4, Alien: Isolation, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Elegy for a Dead World, Fall Out: New Vegas, Hotline: Miami, LA Noire, MGS V: Ground Zeroes, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Super Meatboy, To the Moon, Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Walking Dead
Xbox 360- Sleeping Dogs, Witcher 2, The Raven, Red Faction Guerilla, Darksiders 2, Monaco, Dark Souls, Gears of War: Judgement, Wolfenstein,

I am gonna start a 3DS game and another full game today. I am leaning towards Super Mario Bros 3 and Far Cry 4.

How do you wind up with a game backlog like this? A most likely incomplete backlog? Well, I wait to buy games when they're cheap and tend to buy several at time. So, I have a ton of games. I also get free games thru xbox live gold. So, that explains why I have so many games but why haven't I played them? The biggest barrier to starting a new game for me is how much time I have to invest to get past the introduction/tutorial of the game.

After a long day, if I have the choice between playing League of Legends with friends or playing through a long tutorial, I'll usually pick the option that lets me be somewhat more social.


Birdman or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance is one of those films that is an impressive film on all fronts: with fantastic writing, design, and execution from top to bottom, great performances from a cast that really gels with meta humor/drama of the concept, and delivery of a rather original, evocative, and clever concept. The film's meta concept-- basically having Michael Keaton, an aging actor most famous for donning the mask of Batman in the 90s, play an aging actor who is most famous for donning the mask of Birdman in the 90s-- is something that could only work with the self-awareness, talent and craft present. The film is a bit on the unusual side for a casual audience and, be warned, it has a lot more to do with theater than super heroes, but it certainly deserves the accolades it received as one of the best films of 2014.

Also, I would like to cosplay and have actually thought of doing a Harvey Birdman cosplay. Because that show is a Hanna Barbera cartoon fan's dream come true.



This week's FTW Friday ends with an appreciation of two very different takes on a hilarious anecdote from Game Grumps.

I love the way Brandon Turner draws his characters. So much so I want to buy one of his shirts!

And Kidd Cosmos animation has fantastic motion. Who else would animated such an impressive badonkadonk onto Mochi?