Monday, September 15, 2014

MUSIC MON! IT IS MY DESTINY TO RETURN-- JUST ONE MORE BOUNTY!

I'm back, nerds!

It has been two weeks since I posted a blog and you're probably wondering where I've been (well, at some point, I like to imagine that you care enough or just have curiosity enough to wonder why you're not being annoyed by links to my blog) and I'd like to say I have a good explanation.

I actually do have some good reasons for my absence--involving family, personal health, and a general diversion of my time and attention-- but let's take the more humorous route and point out what I just spent the last week doing...

Playing Destiny.


On last Monday, rather than blogging or doing normal things, I tried to sleep the whole day so I could go to the midnight release of Bungie's new franchise, Destiny.

And I really like it.

From what I could gather, the game resembled a mix between Halo, Borderlands, and Mass Effect; Halo remains one of my most beloved franchises, for both nostalgic and legitimate reasons, Borderlands ate up a lot of people's time over the last few years, and the Mass Effect trilogy is, in my opinion, the best trilogy of RPG games ever made. Period. So, I figured, after nearly two years of neglecting to play any multiplayer games on my xbox, I decided to give Bungie's newest game a try on my outdated last gen console. And the result...

While many critics seem underwhelmed by the short campaign mode, dense AI, and other flaws, I generally have managed to enjoy my experiences and would say this is the closest thing to an MMO I've ever enjoyed. I actually wanna play it right now, but I decided to instead type this out. That counts for something, right?

I also watched a lot of brilliant episodes of the Simpsons recently thanks to it becoming syndicated on FXX. So, you know I've been spending my free time wisely.

BONUS: CONAN O'BRIEN SINGS "MONORAIL!" from the SIMPSONS