Monday, February 10, 2014

MUSIC MON! DISNEY FANATIC #5 FROZEN WEEK!

 As you guys probably know, as a friend or long-time reader of my blog, I love Disney's animated films and TV shows. I even have a huge place in my heart for Capcom's Disney property-based games on the SNES (especially Goof Troop & Aladdin). Some would even call me a Disney fanatic. I've written a lot of articles about Disney, but it has been a year and half since my last Disney fanatic article. I've already talked about Disney's latest Frozen but, seeing the amount of content I've been meaning to share has really piled up over the last month, I've just gotta do what I gotta do. I've gotta stop worrying people will judge me for liking Disney films so much and I just gotta...


This clip, of course, is what sold most of us on the film and it stands as the biggest showpiece of the film. It really is a Disney masterpiece that succeeds by creating a very loose and refreshing fairy tale based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson. In the same spirit of Tangled, it updates the fairy tale a lot, but somehow surpasses, in my opinion, all of Disney's more recent films. The central conflict isn't about an evil stepmother or a prince, it's about the relationship between two sisters. The animation is superb, the cast of characters and the performances given by the voice actors/singers are perfect, the music (obviously) is top notch, etc. It is a 5/5 film and, if you get the chance, go see it before it leaves theaters. On that note, let's look at all of the parodies and such...


Seriously, look up your favorite song in G-Major. You'll probably regret it, but do it anyways. For example, check out this horrible piece of magic that is the distorted corpse of the Luigi's Ballad by Stabomb. You're welcome.


Legolambs newest video has absolutely nothing with Disney's Frozen.

It is based on the 2010 horror film of the same name. The film, which I had heard was pretty dumb and frustrating, is about some folks who get stuck on a ski lift. It is a graphic bit of horror that, potentially, could've been a very well done bit of suspense. Instead, it uses gore, bodily fluids, and stupid decisions to turn from a thriller to a groaner. Still, a funny bit of Frozen-related humor in these very cold times (it was snowing earlier today here).


This parody is so obvious! A parody where someone does an impersonation of Batman & Robin's ridiculously funny and stupid ice villain (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) performing a ice-powered Disney Queen's power ballad.

Yet, I think that I've heard much better Schwarzenegger impersonations, even of his performance as Mr. Freeze. Like HERE.


I liked the original Warcraft games and used to spend a lot of time playing Starcraft, but I've never been a huge fan of World of Warcraft. Still, Blizzard's cinematics have always been impressive (for their time) and the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic trailer fits perfectly with Let It Go, so we all win.


Let's end with the nerdiest of Frozen parodies-- the Star Trek: The Next Generation crossover with footage and themes taken from the Star Trek film First Contact (1996). This parody is really a cut above the rest because of the level of work put into writing original lyrics, the pretty sweet vocals, and the level of nerd credentials that comes with referencing the borg heaviest Star Trek film.

In the end, if you haven't seen the film in theaters but are now interested in watching Frozen just... make it so.