Monday, February 25, 2013

MUSICAL MON! THE DEATH OF HARLEM SHAKE!

MUSICAL MONDAY PRESENTS

Linked above is the "original Harlem Shake" video, which included several characters associated with the youtube character, Filthy Frank. I first found out about the Harlem Shake on Know Your Meme and I didn't think much of it. Consequently, I then stumbled upon the other stuff on their channel and thought it was surprisingly funny (if not fairly offensive/silly).

But within a few hours of me finding out about the meme-- IT EXPLODED! And now it seems like its dying a quick, but noble death. I don't hate the meme-- in fact, I think Harlem Shake is harmlessly lame, at worst, and good fun, at best. It usually just involves some people being silly and sharing their silliness. Nobody gets hurt and some people have a good time. So, this is my sort of send-off for a decent meme.