Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 4/16- 4/22

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS

FOR THE LOVE OF TEAM ROCKET WEEK!

7. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/21/12. Alpha & Omega

Two of the most successful articles from the early days of the blog were a funny little diversion I called "The Book of Pokemon." Its basically the result of me using my shoddy fan knowledge of the Pokemon universe to create a biblical text that gets more insane with each entry.

6. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/16/12. Hebetude.

Oh the glory days of playing Pokemon Blue back in the day. Unfortunately, my handicap made it difficult... Did I mention that growing up I sucked at video games? It took me nearly two decades to finally getting around to finishing up Zelda: Ocarina of Time on my own and I have never gotten around to catching a Mewtwo.

P.S. I've never used a Masterball.

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/16/12. Sucker Punch.

Super Mutant Magic Academy is probably my favorite web comic I've discovered in a good long while. The humor is pretty damn smart, using a mix of brainy humor, grim irony, and visual gags to create a truly special experience.
4. WORD OF THE DAY! 4/22/12. Deviant.

Not only did I finally get around to sharing this incredible X-Men & Scott Pilgrim crossover art I've had squatting in my download folder for moths, I got to talk a little about the rivalry of intellectuals to sculpt the youth into their proteges.

I've probably listened to this musical from Starkids about 10 times over the last week and I think it might be my favorite of the bunch. The above fancomic encapsulates a tiny iota of the awesomeness that is the Holy Musical B@man! This is a must-see for all musical fans, very potter musical fans, and Batman fans.

2. WTF WEDNESDAY! TEAM ROCKET IS BACK?!

I was more than happy to share my old chum's work with you guys again. His Pokemon stuff is pretty funny and pretty weird. I hope you guys check it out and, if you like it, help him out by liking it or subscribing.


This is probably the best deck I've ever built. I began with the materials provided in the Koth duel deck and then I combined it with the dozens of Red Rares I've collected since last semester when I started collecting. From the Claw of Valakuts to the Conquering Manticore, I built a casual competitive deck that is a blast to play.

"I SELL PROPANE AND PROPANE ACCESSORIES!" -HANK HILL, KING OF THE HILL