1. the part of a building or construction entirely above its foundation or basement.
2. any structure built on something else.
3. the overlying framework or features of an organization, institution, or system, built or superimposed on a more fundamental base.
4. Nautical . any construction built above the main deck of a vessel as an upward continuation of the sides. Compare deckhouse.
5. the part of a bridge that rests on the piers and abutments.
EX. Yeah...the superstructures of the imagination shall always outstrip the superstructures of reality.