Monday, October 6, 2014

MUSIC MON! A CHALLENGER APPROACHES! DUNKEY WEO WEOS INTO THE RING! MARIO... BEWARE!


First up, we've got an comic by Daiki Sugimoto put to music, called Old Super Mario.

The work presented is highly stylized but manages to illicit wistful and regret ridden emotion with each panel. The story is a simple one. Two brothers, one girl. Flash forward. An old and lonely Mario gets a chance to be there for the princess one last time.

Fin.


Apparently, in this animated music video for Dunkey's "I'm Going to Kill You", by Magnivez and
Ryanimation , Dunkey thinks Mario needs to be put out to pasture.

For a very cynical series of videos by dunkey, check out his Super Mario 64 series.


VS. 

Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World are my favorite Mario games since Super Mario Galaxy. To be completely honest, while my heart will always have a special place for Super Mario World, I am a much bigger fan of the 3D platformers in the series (sans Super Mario Sunshine) and Super Mario Galaxy 1 (or maybe 2?) is probably my favorite 3D platformer.

I love Super Mario 3D World so much that my friend snagged my this amazing Super Mario 3D World display piece (pictured above).

One of the elements that make the last two Mario games in the series stand out are the incredibly catchy tunes that mix elements of jazz and big band music in with the orchestral work of the Galaxy series.

My question, for you guys, is which main theme is better?