Friday, April 25, 2014

WORD OF THE DAY! 4/25/14!

This is Tammerlairn the Worst. He is the worst wizard.

peer pressure [peer-presh-er]
noun
1. Social pressure by members of one's peer group to take a certain action, adopt certain values, or otherwise conform in order to be accepted.

EX. So, remember on Monday how I said I wasn't going to pick up Elder Scrolls Online? 

Well, I must admit that I've changed my mind and decided to pick it up today because of peer pressure. And that's okay. Despite the fact that most of us were raised to ignore peer pressure and  one of my stronger instincts that has served me well is to ignore and even oppose peer pressure, some times, when the peers are your well meaning friends, trying what they enjoy isn't so bad. Heck, some times it can turn you onto something you've been missing and, I hope, that's the case with Elder Scrolls Online.

So, despite my reservations, I will give the game a try. Worst case scenario? I spent $45 on an experience that wound up being less than I wanted and stop playing before I pay a subscription fee. That's really not that big of a risk to take if it means getting to play Elder Scrolls with my friends and at least give them the benefit of the doubt in giving it a try. 

That and...well... I suppose I'm...