Sunday, November 25, 2012

WORD OF THE DAY! 11/25/12.

mutt [mutt]
noun
1. A dog, especially a mongrel or dog of poor breeding.
2.  A poor or stupid person.

EX. I love my dog, as I'm sure most people love their dogs, and I'm sure that me going on about my mutt is nothing special, but I feel like the above comic covers the concept of the "zen" of dogs.

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”-Josh Billings

To put it simply, while there is certainly a thing as overindulging one's pet, I think that a dog deserves their owner's admiration, affection, and attention. Dogs have been bred over a thousand generations to be Man's Best Friend and is the most sympathetic animal to man's plight. In fact, if there is any saving grace in humanity's history it is that we created dog.

“Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ”-Roger Caras

I suppose the main reason I'm sharing this is to just encourage you to show your dog a fraction of the affection he shows you and try to learn from his loyalty, his enthusiasm, and his love. So, I'm gonna go pet on my dog right now and forgive me for being a little sentimental. Have a wonderful day.

“If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life." -Roger Caras