Monday, November 19, 2012

MUSICAL MONDAY! GANGNAM STYLE PARODY DOUBLE FEATURE!

MUSICAL MONDAY PRESENTS

I've talked about how much I love John Carpenter's The Thing, but my favorite John Carpenter film is the cheesetastic film, Big Trouble in Little China starring Kurt Russell, Kim Catrell, Wang Chi, Victor Wong, and of course, James Hong in his most iconic role as "David" Lo Pan. Hong's performance as the sorcerer relies on his amazingly honed delivery, both through his voice (and he is an awesome voice actor) and his facial expressions, that nail the exuberant evil of the role.

Lo Pan is a great villain; as David Lo Pan, he is an ancient, creepy, insane, perverted, and funny crypt keeper in a wheel chair and as the seven foot tall demigod he delivers with intense expressions. The best part of the Gangnam style parody linked above, btw, is Hong actually makes a cameo!

As for my feelings on Big Trouble in Little China, it should be no surprise that I give it a 5/5.

BONUS: GUNDAM STYLE

"I'M OUT!"