1. A blanket dampened with water, usually to extinguish a fire.
2. A person or thing that dampens enthusiasm.
EX. Greninja's reveal may have been a bit of a wet blanket, pun intended, to Mewtwo fans hoping to see their favorite Legendary monster return to the Smash Bros series (but there is still hope). In general, this Smash Bros Direct was probably one of the most engaging Nintendo Directs I can remember, despite being nearly 40 minutes of news about Smash Bros but, with so much information, nothing can dampen our excitement for upcoming installment. Some new information?
- There will no longer be character B-Down transformations. Zelda and Sheik will be separate characters & Samus and Zero-Suit Samus will be seperate characters. Pokémon Trainer will most likely not return with the news of Charizard and Greninja being revealed as the new challengers. Yoshi is also returning.
- Multiplayer will have a "Fun Mode" with all maps and items & a "Glory Mode" with no items and only Final Destination (to appease the hard cores). Furthermore, most or all stages in Smash Bros for the Wii-U will have a Final Destination version.
- The 3DS version will have a special adventure mode called "Smash Run" mode.
- The online multiplayer will no longer be anonymous-- players can be reported and banned for improper conduct.
- Many stages will have Bosses that appear and can be attacked by the players. The last player to hit the Boss before it is finished gets an advantage as the Boss, like Yellow Devil, may explode or cause some other effect to hinder the other players.
Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS is coming Summer 2014.
Super Smash Bros. for the Wii-U is coming Winter 2014.
If it doesn't come out by Christmas, Nintendo will be shooting themselves in the foot. This looks to be a bigger console seller than ever thanks to the hype train that Sakurai and his team at the Namco Bandai building are conducting. I dunno about you guys, but I'm climbing aboard this train! Next stop? Charizard being one of my mains!