Monday, March 17, 2014

MUSIC MONDAY! MARIO & METROID SITTING IN A TREE, BEING WATCHED BY KRAID, YOSHI & LUIGI!


Today we have four Nintendo themed music videos:

We're starting with the official Regetroid Lyrics video from Egoraptor & Danny Sexbang of internet supergroup Starbomb (and Game Grumps) featuring Emily Hughes as the voice of Nintendo's intergalactic bounty huntress, Samus Aran. I'll admit I was a little crestfallen when I saw the video didn't include an animation like Luigi's Ballad, but I still enjoy the tune.


On the other end of the spectrum is a love song written by brentalfloss, performed by Alysha Umpress, and animated by Oscar Diaz. I'm not sure how I feel about this one, having no context of experience from the modern era of gaming, but I can see why the fans are divided on this piece.


Then we got an awesome bit of Little Shop of Horrors crossover with Piranha Pete taking the position of Audrey II in this awesome animation from Terminal Montage. I love the characterization of Mario, as determined hero, and Luigi as his goofy, sometimes easily frightened, but well-meaning brother that you normally miss out in parodies.


And last... just promise yourself you won't cry.