Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WEEKLY ROUND-UP! 8/13-8/19/12.

WEEKLY ROUND-UP PRESENTS
SHARK WEEK!

7. WORD OF THE DAY! 8/17/12. Carcharodon.

No animal deserves to have an entire week set aside for them a year; especially on channels that have nothing but pointless reruns of reality TV the rest of the year (reality TV =/= documentary).

6. WORD OF THE DAY. 8/18/12. Man.

I really enjoyed sharing this quote and video but...I miss when I used to write fantastically detailed articles about video games and mythology...maybe I should go back to doing at least one of those a week. Anybody out there been reading long enough to remember when I used to do that and would like to see more of that?

5. WORD OF THE DAY! 8/14/12. CRT.

I've been playing a lot of retro games lately and so you can expect to see more retro game reviews to be hitting the blog in the near future. Are there any retro games, especially on the SNES, that you would recommend?

4. WORD OF THE DAY! 8/13/12. Back to the Future.

Back to the Future is probably one of the greatest movie trilogies of all time and you wanna know something weird; I want to see a sequel/remake/continuation. There are so many times to play with, Doc Brown is the only character that really needs to come into play for sure, and between the changes in special effects and historical cinema we should get some cool stuff.

3. WTF WEDNESDAY. QWOP & CLOP

Sometimes a weird flash game is needed to satisfy that itch for something truly creative. Remember, many of the greatest video game franchises of all time started out with some dude working on his own in his garage...

2. WORD OF THE DAY! 8/16/12. Marketing. The Very First Pokemon Commercial.

Pokemon is probably my favorite franchise of all time.

1. MUSICAL MONDAY! + MIXED BAG. GOOF TROOP (SNES) REVIEW

I know what you're thinking, "Goof Troop? Isn't that 90's Disney stuff for babies!?" Actually, its my pick for the best co-op game on the SNES and arguably the closest thing to a multiplayer Zelda game before Four Swords.
I wonder when people will get my joke of posting articles related to an event after its finished/irrelevant in the media to point out how such things are already pretty irrelevant to begin with....