Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WTF WED! 2014 = BEST YEAR IN GAMING (IF YOU'RE NINTENDO)!


The first WTF Wednesday of 2015 is gonna be used to celebrate the gaming company that, in many gamers opinions, dominated 2014 with a slew of fantastic releases, consumer-friendly practices, and delivering on just so much hype!

Meanwhile, from releasing unfinished and disappointing games to online networks being hacked to general big company dickery, other companies made this one of the most controversial years in the industry.

Let's start out this Nintendo tribute by looking at a controversial death battle between Dragon Ball Z's Majin Buu and Nintendo's pink bubblegum black hole of death, Kirby!

Fun fact! Kirby is one of my main three characters in Smash Bros 4!


I just got my copy of Omega Ruby and have been playing a Nuzlocke Challenge to make it more interesting. One of the big controversies with the games, made more relevant with the inclusion of the newer EXP share is that the games are too easy (even though you can turn the EXP share off).

Personally, I think they should include Nuzlocke options or harder difficulties for experienced players, but I dunno if that's feasible with their game's philosophy.

What do you think?


One of the funnest things to do in Smash Bros, if you haven't already done so, is to make custom Mii characters of famous people or your friends and duke it out for supremacy. I've always enjoyed making miis, especially of my friends, and we spent a whole afternoon fighting it out this past weekend.

If all else fails, you can petch. Always petch.


And Smash Bros was the best game of 2014. Deal with it!


But, for the first eleven months of the game, Mario Kart 8 was my go to game for partying with my friends! I know some people prefer Double Dash but, I gotta say, between the original tracks, characters, online mode, items, and the awesome DLC, this is my favorite Mario Kart. My favorite character is Ludwig.